Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nikon D300s Test Video from Dan Irving on Vimeo.

Here are a few clips I tossed together that were shot with the D300s. The lens used was the AF-S Nikkor 12-24 f/4 ED. Picture control setting was on "Vivid". I don't remember what aperture I used.



Audio was via the camera's onboard mono mic. I'll have to consider getting a nicer external mic in the future, since in the bicycle sequence, you can hear the sound of the zoom ring on the lens being manipulated.



Overall, I'd say the camera's video function is interesting, but it would be better if Nikon had included selectable frame rates and manual shutter speed and exposure control. Canon managed to include these features on their new EOS 7D body, AND for $100 less to boot. If Nikon were to do a firmware update that added these features, like Canon did with the EOS 5D Mk.2, this camera would show some real promise as a video SLR, despite being limited to 720p.

No comments:

Post a Comment